Table of Contents
- What is breast augmentation?
- Candidates for breast augmentation
- Techniques of Breast Augmentation
- Types of Implants
- Shape of Breast Implants
- Choosing appropriate size, shape and type of breast implant
- Crisalix 3D Simulation
- Approaches to Breast Augmentation
- Plane for Breast Implant Placement Prepare for the surgery
- prepared for the breast augmentation surgery?
- How to choose a surgeon?
- Breast Augmentation Procedure
- Results of Breast Augmentation Surgery
- Recovery After Breast Augmentation
- Compression garment
- Safety measures for breast augmentation
- Questions to ask your surgeon before Breast Augmentation Surgery
- Breast augmentation consultation
- Breast Implants Replacement
- Breast Implants and Breast Feeding
- Breast Implants and Cancer
- What if I am not happy with the results
- Capsular Contracture
Breast Implants/Augmentation Surgery
Breast augmentation or breast Implants, medically known as “Mammoplasty” or more commonly known as “boob job” is a cosmetic procedure performed to make the breasts of the women bigger in size and firmer in appearance. Women with smaller breasts or those who have lost volume on their breasts due to pregnancy or lactation or due to losing an extreme amount of weight are the best candidates for breast augmentation procedure.
Breast Augmentation procedure helps achieve rounder, firmer and natural looking breasts helping women gain their confidence back and revive their intimacy with their partner. Most commonly, implants are used for performing breast augmentation procedure in which the implants are surgically placed under the breast tissue to achieve the desired shape and size. Another technique of breast augmentation is far grafting, in which excess or unwanted fat is suctioned out from a patient’s body, is treated and then injected back into the breasts. This helps increase the volume of deflated breasts and increases the breast size by half to one cup size. This procedure is also known as “Fat Transfer Breast Implant”.
Candidates for Breast Implants:
- Women wanting larger breasts
- Sagging, droopy and volume-less breasts
- Looking to increase the suppleness of the breast, making them look fuller.
- Wanting to achieve good breast projection
- Asymmetrical breasts, wanting to achieve natural-looking symmetrical breasts.
Types of implants:
Textured implants: These are rough and give traction to the surface that helps to keep the implants from moving within the breast pocket. Textured implants have more chances of leaking or rippling than smooth implants. According to some research, textured implants have been associated with certain types of cancer called Breast Implant associated Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma.
Smooth Implants: These implants have outer silicone rubber shell and are smooth in texture. They do not attach to the surrounding tissues and hence move freely within the breast pocket. Smooth implants are considered the safest amongst all and have no history of cancer associated with them.
Nano-textured implants: These are silicone gel-filled implants and render most natural look and feel. These implants come with a nano-textured surface to reduce the risk of capsular contraction.
There are some patients who are hesitant about the surgery as they are not sure about the results of the surgery. For such patients, Crisalix 3D Simulation can provide some relief. With 3D simulation, one can see the results of the surgery before undergoing the actual surgery. The surgeon clicks a few pictures of the patient at different angles using the Crisalix device and is able to show the surgery results on the 3D model of the patient.
Breast in Implant in Delhi is an out-patient procedure which means the patient can go home the same day of the surgery. In some cases, the patient may be asked to stay overnight at the hospital. The patient may experience mild pain for the first 72 hours post operation, for which medications are prescribed. Most patients can join work from next day of surgery. The surgeon will recommend avoiding all kind of strenuous activities for 3-4 weeks.